Sunday, October 11, 2026

Art In America - Rise (2025)

 

The third album from this band from USA.

The band was a quartet with a lineup of drums, percussion, bass, guitars, keyboards, harp, koto, tambura and vocals.

Two guests added organ, mellotron, moog and synths.

The band returned again after a seven years long album break. 

I have not been impressed by their first two albums as I have stated in my reviews. But I had some hope for Rise and their brand new album which I will review next week.

Rise clocks in at forty-two minutes.

The music here is neo-prog.

The music here is at the melodic, poppy end of the neo-prog spectrum. There are still some symphonic prog influences here.

The band has indeed taken some steps towards symphonic prog. The music is much more rounded and muscular too on this album, compared to their first two albums. The sound is much more muscular.

The vocals is good and the band does a good job.

This is by far their best album up to that point. It is barely a good album, but still a good album. Neo-prog fans should check out this album.

3 points 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment