Thursday, September 17, 2026

Thollot. Jacques - Quand le Son Devient Aigu, Jeter la Girafe à la Mer (1971)

 

The debut album from this artist from France.

Jacques played drums, percussion, piano, organ and effects here.

Jacques is the brother of Francois Thollot, a more well-known zeuhl artist than Jacques. 

Jacques released five albums before he passed on twelve years ago. I will review them all in the next two-three weeks.

This album clocks in at three quarters of an hour.

The music is avant-garde rock/jazz.

I am not denying that I am sceptical to most of the avant-garde music. Albums like this are one of the reasons for this attitude.

The music is a bit too pling-plong unhinged. There is not much of a method in this madness. The music is too dire to really win my approval.

There is some decent music here. But most of the music leaves me cold. Hence....

1.5 points 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment