Saturday, August 8, 2026

Sigur Rós - Von (1997)

 

The debut album from this band from Iceland.

The band was a trio with a line-up of drums, bass, guitars, electronics and vocals.

It is about time to review the studio albums from this band, the undisputed kings of post-rock. That is what I will do in the coming weeks and couple of months.

Von clocks in at seventy - three minutes.

The music is electronica.

Well, some sorts of soundscapes are the right words here.  There is a lot of samples here, cobbled together.

The Italian act Goblin is a reference in that respect. 

There are also some attempts of creating some organic music here.

I cannot say this album is the one I expected here. OK, it is a debut album but there is hardly any post-rock here.

This is a rather poor effort and a borderline turkey.

1.5 points 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment