Saturday, September 12, 2026

Esp - Extra Sensory Perception (2026)

 

The tenth album from this band from Great Britain.
 
The band was a trio with a line-up of drums, bass, guitars, keyboards and vocals.
 
Back in April & May 2018, I review their first two albums in # 2 of this blog. The reviews can be found here and here. I liked those two albums and it is therefore a bit of a mystery to me why I have not reviewed the rest of their albums too. I should do that next year or so. In any case, I got their new album and I am reviewing that album here...
 
Extra Sensory Perception clocks in at fifty-two minutes.
 
The music here is neo-prog.
 
There are some Porcupine Tree influences and some psych rock here too.
 
The music is melodic and a bit complex. The music is pretty light with some mainstream rock influences.
 
The vocals are good and there is a good guitar sound here.
 
The overall quality is good. The songs are a bit workmanlike. Nevertheless, this is a good album.
 
3 points 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment