The third album from this band from Italy.
The band was a sextet with a line-up of drums, percussion, bass, guitars, piano, keyboards and vocals.
One guest added bass on the live tracks.
I really liked their first two albums and have decided to review this album despite half of it being a live album. I never review live albums.
This album clocks in at fifty minutes.
The music is a blend of progressive metal and heavy prog.
The first twenty minutes or so are taken up by a suite. A progressive metal suite. This suite is complex and pretty symphonic. There is indeed some pretty strong neo-prog influences in this suite. The music is pretty dark throughout this suite and slightly gothic..... as in gothic RPI.
This suite is good and is worth the price of this album alone.
The live tracks are decent enough but does not add anything new to the studio versions from the first two albums.
The result is a bit underwhelming, I am afraid. This is a pretty good album but nothing more than that.
2.5 points

No comments:
Post a Comment