Saturday, September 19, 2026

Sulphurous Sea - Sulphurous Sea (2025)

 

The second album from this one-man-band from Sweden.

Elis Ericson played bass, guitars, keyboards and drum programming here.

Elis Ericson has so far released three albums under this band name. I was not impressed by the debut album. But I am still reviewing the three albums.

Sulphurous Sea clocks in at forty minutes.

The music is symphonic prog.

The music is also instrumental on this album too.

The music is mostly mid-tempo. The music is pretty symphonic too. There are some soaring melodies throughout this album. 

The main instrument here is the guitars. There is a lot of piano here too and some synths.

This album is an improvement on the debut album. I am not a big fan of instrumental albums. This is one of the better new instrumental symphonic prog albums I have heard for a while and a pretty good album in it's own right.

2.5 points  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment