The fifth album by this band from Iceland.
The band was a quartet with a line-up of drums, glockenspiel, bass, guitars, keyboards and vocals.
Four guests added violin, viola and cello.
I have had the joy of reviewing their first albums and am planning to review all their albums before the end of the year.
This album clocks in at seventy-two minutes.
The music is post-rock.
The music is slightly ambient post-rock with lots of sombre, melancholic melodies. One of my friends (yes, I got some) from BBC has called this band's music as the most beautiful music in the world. Listening to this album, I concede that she has got a point.
The music is indeed very beautiful.
There is no doubts this band is the leading band in the post-rock genre. This album is up to this point their best album and a reason why I really like this genre.
3.5 points

No comments:
Post a Comment