The debut album from this one-man-band from France.
Cedric Marcucci did the computers and electronics on this album.
Is it really twelve and a half years since I reviewed Athanor's second album ? Gosh, I am surprised ! I also promised to review the debut album as soon as possible.... Well, a promise I am now keeping, although twelve and a half year is not "as soon as possible" in my books. The review of the second album can be found here.
Vulv'air clocks in at three quarters of an hour.
The music here is RIO/Avant-Garde
...Sort of. The music is both sinister and pretty melodic. It also sounds pretty organic and not as electronic as I first feared.
Athanor has always been very influenced by two bands from Belgium, Present and Univers Zero. Athanor is a bit of a light version of these two bands. That goes for this album and the second album.
This is a surprisingly interesting album. It is also a decent album. As a free download album, it is an album everyone should download as it is an album well worth having in any record collection.
2 points

No comments:
Post a Comment