The ninth album from this band from Great Britain.
The band was a quintet with a line-up of drums, percussion, bass, guitars, piano, organ and vocals.
I have so far been surprised, positive surprised, about the quality of their albums as I have never really rated this band. I have been proven wrong and I now look at the band and their albums with fondness.
Something Magic clocks in at forty minutes.
The music is art-rock.
Half of this album is songs based while the final half is the nineteen long The Worm And The Tree suite.
The songs are pretty pastoral and melancholic with some great vocals from the late Gary Brooker. These songs are very good.
The suite is a bit lacking in quality. It has some great organs and vocals. Those are it's saving grace. The melodies in itself is not that good.
The result is another good album from this band and one to check out. It is another album that has proven that I was wrong not to rate this band.
3 points

No comments:
Post a Comment