Monday, September 14, 2026

Long Earth - Towards The Sky (2026)

 

The fourth album from this band from Great Britain.

The band was a quintet with a line-up of drums, bass, guitars, keyboards and vocals.

This band is from Glasgow, a town about ten kilometres up the River Clyde from this blog's lavish head office. Glasgow is also the biggest town in Scotland and the home of a dozen of prog rock bands.

I have reviewed the first three Long Earth albums and I have liked them a lot. 

Towards The Sky clocks in at sixty-seven minutes.

The music here is neo-prog.

The music is songs based. They are mid-tempo and pretty melodic. 

The songs are each in the region of five to twelve minutes long. 

Maalke Siegerist's vocals is an important part of this band's music. I gather she is from The Netherlands and has found a new home here in Scotland (I hope). Her vocals are great.

This is not their best album. It is still a good album and one melodic prog and neo-prog fans should check out.  

3 points 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment