Tuesday, June 16, 2026

Fotosputnik - Incantations for a Tenrec (2024)

 

The fourth album from this band from USA.

The band was a trio with a lineup of drums, percussion, bass, guitars, synths and programming.

Fotosputnik is a new name to me... or so I thought. Fifteen years ago, I found their free Cave Din VI and downloaded it. Then I forgot it before I put it up for review this month. I checked out the band and then decided that their latest album was a more worthy album than this EP. Hence, I am reviewing this album instead. 

Incantations for a Tenrec is clocking in at sixty-four minutes.

The music here is a blend of krautrock, cinematic rock and electronica.

Neu! is a good reference here. Ditto for early Can. 

The music is simplistic and minimalistic. There are a lot of half-acoustic guitars here in addition to samples, bass and synths.

The music is mostly slow with some mid-tempo themes now and then.

This is a pretty charming album which will win a lot of friends among the krautrock fans. It is also a pretty good album, worth investigating. Check out this band and their Bandcamp albums and EPs.

2.5 points 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment