The debut EP from this band from Finland.
The band was a quintet with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars, keyboards and vocals.
I am going to review all this band's albums in the coming months. But before I start the review of their albums, I want to review this EP first as it is a pretty important EP in the history of Scandinavian metal. It was released one year after their debut album. It is still a bit of a landmark release.
This EP was supposed to be one half of a split album with Incantation. That US band did not deliver their half (later released on it's own by the band) so the result is this EP.
Privilege Of Evil clocks in at twenty-three minutes.
The music is extreme metal.
The music is mostly death metal. There are some melodic prog metal here too.
The sound is dirty and muddy. Just as it should be. The vocals are growling and extreme. The music is pretty epic at times too.
Metalheads will really enjoy this EP more than I do. I have a bit of a sweet spot for this band. This is a decent enough EP, bordering to pretty good.
2 points

No comments:
Post a Comment