Sunday, September 27, 2026

VP - The Lunar Stone (2007)

 

The fourth album from this artist from Kazakhstan.

Vyacheslav Potapov (VP) played bass and guitars her in addition to drums, keyboards and woodwinds programming.

I was not impressed by the only other album I have reviewed, the 2003 debut album Sound Dependence. I still have to review his final album and that review will be posted sometime in the coming days.

The Lunar Stone clocks in at three quarters of an hour.

The music is a blend of jazz and fusion.

Mostly jazz, it has to be said. The music is slow to mid-tempo. The music is instrumental. There is a lot of of bass here as this is his main instrument. 

There is a lot of very good xylophones here, programmed or not. 

There are a couple of good pieces here and a couple of sub-standard pieces. I am still positive surprised. This Bandcamp is a decent album and one to check out. 

2 points 

No comments:

Post a Comment