The sixth album from this band from Great Britain.
The band was a quintet with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars, keyboards and vocals.
Two guests added orchestration.
The band returned again, one year after the Difficult To Cure album, their most prolific album. Joe Lynn Turner was still with the band as the vocalist.
Straight Between The Eyes clocks in at forty-two minutes.
The music is hard rock.
The band had noted the emergency of the new wave of heavy metal and that is notable on this album. There is indeed a lot of the new wave of heavy metal in the music on this album.
This is therefore their most heavy album. It is also their most commercial album.
I got this album on cassette forty years ago and I really liked it back then. I got it again on CD ten years ago and I still like it a lot. Ritchie Blackmore is on top form. Ditto for the rest of the band, include Joe Lynn Turner.
This album is a great blend of 1970s hard rock and 1980s heavy metal. It is a good album in it's own right and one to check out. Yes, I have a soft spot for this album.... Nevertheless....
3 points

No comments:
Post a Comment